The recent Horizon documentary, ‘Eat, Fast and Live Longer’ presented by Michael Mosley, has been instrumental in proving that intermittent fasting and calorie restriction boosts our health while reducing our waistlines.
And being healthy on the inside shows on the outside, as demonstrated by actress and mum, Anna Friel, the latest celebrity to follow the Lemon Detox, with great results.
Said Anna, “Not only did I feel utterly cleansed and replenished having done the Lemon Detox fast, but since completing a mere 3 days I care more than ever what goes into my body. I am yet to have a cup of coffee a week later.”
With a gruelling schedule, Anna felt in need of some R&R and decided that a detox was in order. She kick-started her programme at the Royal Crescent Hotel in Bath which offers the 3-day Lemon Detox Retreat, followed by a more moderate home programme which includes eating healthy food.
Benefits of the detox include weight loss, clearer and more glowing skin, boosted energy levels, improved sleep, shinier hair and whiter, stronger nails. Longer-term benefits include improved dietary and lifestyle habits and subsequently a healthier body and mind.
And according to recent studies, fasting in various forms also helps lower cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure levels, thus cutting our risk of cancer, heart disease and other age related diseases.
While fasting programmes such as the new 5:2 or Fast Diet, the 16 Hour Fast, the Maple Syrup Diet and the Alternate Day Fast are on the rise, the reality is that fasting is tough… Which is where the Lemon Detox can help.
Benefits of consuming the Lemon Detox formula during your fast or CR programme:
- The Lemon Detox formula makes fasting easier
- The ultimate in convenience the Lemon Detox formula is nutrient-rich so is an adequate food replacement, meaning you don’t have to think about what you can and can’t eat
- For those following the new 5:2 method, 6-8 glasses of the Lemon Detox formula provide the recommended 5-600 calories per day on your fasting days.
- The formula staves of hunger
- The formula keeps your metabolism up, thus retaining energy levels
- The formula enables you to completely fast rather than simply limit calorie intake
Benefits of fasting
- Improved health markers such as lower cholesterol, glucose and growth hormone (IGF-1), thus reducing risk of certain cancers, heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Weight loss
- Increased vitality
- Improved skin
- Improved digestion
- Breaking of negative diet and lifestyle habits
- A way to normalize the appetite
- Cleansed body and mind
Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup is priced £42.99 for a one litre tin and is available from leading health food shops, spas and pharmacies nationwide. For stockist details please call 0845 370 1012 or visit www.lemondetox.com.
For press enquiries, please contact Kate at Kate Goodfellow PR on
07958 980184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editor
As shown on the BBC2 Horizon documentary, Eat, Fast and Live Longer, one of the world’s foremost experts on ageing, Professor Valta Longo at California University, LA, proved that calorie restricting or fasting for a few days helps cut our risk of cancer and other age related diseases. And Dr Krista Varady from the University of Illinos, Chicago, found that alternate day fasting lowered cholesterol and blood pressure, key heart disease risk factors.